Necropolis Stalkers

After completing the Mortek Guard I moved onto the Necropolis Stalkers.  The smoldering bone was completed in much the same way:
  • Black undercoat
  • Blood Angels Red in and around the reccessed areas where the glow will be 
  • Troll Slayer Orange, heavily thinned with acrylic thinner, liberally applied to the recesses
  • Vallejo Lemon Yellow, heavily thinned, pin washed into the recesses.
  • Light drybrush of black, just to tidy up.
  • Light Drybrush of mid grey
I was not happy with the first weapons glow/cracks though.  This time I used an old sponge to dab random red patterns onto the blades, in the same manner as if you were making paint chips on a tank.  Once dry, I went back with the red paint and joined the dabs together, then highlighted up through orange to yellow.  I'm much happier with this effect!

Comments