Feelings on Winning Best Painted at the Hampshire GT

I've been painting miniatures for nearly 30 years now, and I've always strived to be among the best. I've won awards before, but they were mostly at smaller events. A few years ago, I suffered a setback when I lost vision in one eye. This forced me to relearn how to paint, and it was a challenging process. But I never gave up, and I kept practicing.



In April, I attended the Hampshire GT, a major Age of Sigmar matched play event. I was thrilled to be nominated for a painting award. This event is considered to have one of the best hobby scenes in the matched play circuit, and players often bring armies just to win an award here.

I was disappointed when the third and second place were announced. I was only expecting to get one of those awards, at best. The quality of the army painting standard was immense this year. I was stunned when they announced that I was the winner of the Best Painted award. I couldn't believe it. I had never won an award at such a big event before. I was so proud of all the hard work I had put in.

This win has given me a renewed sense of purpose as a miniature painter. I'm more motivated than ever to keep practicing and improving my skills. I know that I can achieve anything I set my mind to, and I'm excited to see what the future holds.

I would like to thank everyone who has supported me on my journey as a miniature painter. I couldn't have done it without you.

If you are a miniature painter, I encourage you to never give up on your dreams. No matter how many setbacks you face, keep practicing and improving. You never know where your hard work might lead you.

Comments