The Dust has Settled, my Finished Crematorians

My Ossiarch Bone Reapers are complete! This project started from a desire to paint them as any faction other than Petrifix Elite, and mutated into this abomination involving underlighting, sculpting, converting and general wear & tear on my soul.
My favourite work is this version of a Boneshaper, based on the Genestealer Cult Locus.  The floating Mortek Guard is from the standard Boneshaper kit, as is his right claw.  By this stage in the project I'd gotten the hang of sculpting flames, just as well for a centrepiece mini!

The most commented on mini was this version of a Liege Kavalos.  Built out of the Yncarne, Banshee, Spirit Host and projectiles from the Mortek Crawler, this would be one of the more expensive conversions I've ever completed!
Where it all began!  This was the test piece for the army, one of the Mortek Guard from the Feast of Bones set.  The plan was to just paint those OBR minis for my completion, but I liked the look so much it turned into an army!
At the Waaagh Warmup I was fortunate enough to have enough of the players think I deserved 2nd place Best Army!  There is nothing quite as gratifying as having your peers love something you've created.

If I were to create this army for you, I'd estimate the work (not including minis) would cost £1200.

 

Comments