Past Event: Domination at Solent Wargamers Club


On the 20th March I was able to run the first tournament at the Solent Wargamers Club since lockdown 2020!   


Normally I run a 40k team tournament at this time of year, but I have no idea how that game works anymore!  Rather than offer a substandard (but probably sell out) event, I went with what I know, Age of Sigmar!
I always strive to run at least one event for charity per year, so this was going to be that event. I made the decision to split the proceeds equally between the venue (Royal British Legion) and The National Autistic Society.  In total £360 was generated, a nice split of £180 each.
So it was that on a sunny spring Sunday morning that 15 players gathered to do battle, to decide the victor over 3 rounds of 2000 points.  It was no surprise to anyone taking part that the current 'strong' list of Stormcast dragons took two of the podium spots, but no small amount of surprise that a Sylvaneth player squeezed in third!
Everyone had fun, and it was a pleasure to see so many old faces after so long!  I definitely need to make changes to my scoring system and clarify my rules pack. I'm sure the next event will be even better!  

I'd like to thank everyone who played at the event, and a bigger thank you to all the players who were unable to attend but refused a refund for the sake of charity.  Can't wait to run the next one!

 

Comments