Delays Inevitable

There has been some delay since my last update, sometimes life just hits hard.  I have not been able to get much gaming in, but I have lost myself in painting as much as I can.

The KO ironclad is the largest miniature I've painted in years.  It was picked because it is almost compulsory in an army, but also offered a challenge to me.  I wanted to emulate the box art as closely as I could, with the combined difficulty of working out what paints were used and how.

As a matter of preference, I paint as much of the mini as I can before I put it together.  This allows me to get into all the awkward angles and places.  It does require a little patch painting after assembly but the time lost on this is less than the alternative.

All in this took four days to complete, and I would have to charge £120 to reach this standard.  With a one or two tone paint scheme this would take less time, and accordingly cost less!


 

Comments