Mortal Maggotkin SOLD


With the release of the latest Maggotkin battletome, I decided it was time to sell on my old mortals army.  I did this back in 2017, about 6 months before contrast came out.  My idea was based on a snippet from an interview with John Blanche, legendary creater of atmosphere for Games Workshop.

Essentially what he did was only highlighted with white, then used glazes to get the colours he wanted.  My technique would be to basecoat in a Halfords Khaki then heavily drybrush white all over.  I would then apply washes of GW shades, and let it thoroughly dry.  I'd repeat this process until I got the desired effect.  



Unfortunately I then decided to paint my Daemon force in a more conventional manner, with a different basing scheme also.  On the upside, I get to paint these awesome minis again!

The buyer requested me to complete a Glottkin to finish the army off.  As the style I used is not time consuming, I was able to complete this commission within a couple of days for the very reasonable price of £100.

I hope you found some use in this article, and please get in touch if you'd like me to paint anything for you! 

 

Comments