Armies on Parade 2020


 With all the social restrictions this year there has been a distinct lack of tournaments & painting competitions.  Despite this, Games Workshop decided to push forward with Armies on Parade, albeit in a different format.  2020's competition would go ahead as an online entry, entrants submitting their armies via email.

I'm no fan of online contests.  More often than not in turns into a 'who has the most social media followers'.  I only decided to enter a month before the deadline, primarily as GW made the decision for this to be a judge voted competition.  No small amount of pride compelled me, as I've entered every Armies on Parade at my local store for 4 years. That, and the most important rule of any competition is playing for the love of the game!


The frame started much earlier in the year as a display board for my Ogur army, had Necron architecture added in July before me covering the lot in Halloween decorations for my Ossiarchs!

I managed to get a striking result, and it harmonises well with my Crematorians, and I hope I'll get an honourable mention for it.  All the entries I've seen so far have been stunning, and I wish all who entered good luck, you've earned it!

Comments