Necron Cryptek


Contrast paints were released just over a year ago, and were heavily marketed as the new way to get minis on the table as fast as possible.  There certainly is an element of truth to this, but its not as simple as ‘one thick coat’.





The blue armour was created using sotek green over stegadon scale, further layers were added by mixing in white.  I find my layers do not transition smoothly, so a quick coat of aethermatic blue was glazed over the top.  





The red glow was created painting the lens as per a GW painting guide, and using blood angel red where the light would fall on the mini.  Much more talented people than myself can explain object source lighting better, but I found that the translucent quality of contrast allowed me to build up layers that looked convincing out of the pot.

For those interested, I'd class this as tabletop standard with extras, and charge aproximately £25-£30 for this character.

Comments